Friday, January 1, 2010

The Third Trimester

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can open and close her eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before she's batting those beauties at you.
This week, I'm feeling...ok. We are recovering from a NASTY bout with the flu, so my stomach has been "off" all week and with the stress of the holidays, I feel like battling exhaustion is a full-time effort.
I can hardly believe I'm already in my thrid trimester. That went so fast! It seems too early to not be able to sleep at night, to not be able to turn over in bed, to struggle to put on my shoes and socks. To have heartburn that is straight. from. hell. I kid you not--the fires of hades currently reside in my chest. There is no relief, no escape, no cure. I am drowning in a lake of fire...from my own belly.
I dreamt that BittyWee was a girl, born with a full head of very dark hair. If this heartburn is any indicator, my dream was probably right on the money. (About the hair, anyway. I don't know if heartburn has anything to do with girls or boys... :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about the horrible heartburn! Booo! Do you have a comfortable recliner to sleep in?

Jolene said...

third tri already!?!?!?!!? wow did that go fast. i'm so sorry about the heartburn :(

kristi noser said...

CHINESE CABBAGE!!! BAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!