Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jicama Week (32 Weeks)

I remember hitting week 32 with Shirley Jean and having to look up online what on earth a jicama is! BUT, apparently this week, BittyWee is as big as one. :)
According to BabyCenter.com:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb.
This is all a very nice way to say I'm getting huge-mongous. The only thing growing faster than my belly is my boobs. (Sorry, Kristi.) I made it through my whole first pregnancy with only a few stretch marks on my hips and thighs...JUST two nights ago, I discovered a little family of stretch marks underneath my belly-button. I'm upset.
I'm sorry it's been a month since I last posted a pregnancy picture, and I don't really have a very good excuse other than that I'm tired. I don't want to post a picture of myself in sweatpants and a nasty half-ponytail, and that's how I look most days. It's been a tough two weeks or so. All of a sudden, I am exhausted all the time. I could sleep twelve hourse a day or more.
At my appointment with Fern last week, I had only gained three more pounds, bringing me to a grand total of 17 pounds for this pregnancy so far. I am pleased with this--of course, catching the flu over Christmas didn't hurt. I am already starting to see Fern every two weeks. I can't believe how fast this has gone! My blood pressure remains low, and I'm assuming I passed my glucose test...I forgot to ask.
This baby is unbelievably active. With Shirley, I couldn't feel specific body parts moving around inside of me, just wild kicks. This time, I can feel elbows or feet or a head or bottom moving all around. This is NOT something one gets used to!
This week I have grown increasingly more clumsy with every passing minute. I drop things, spill things, run into walls...you name it, I've ruined it or run into it. Earlier this week I SMASHED my foot getting into the shower. My toe is still swollen and bruised. I don't think it's broken, but it's not pretty.
I think that's about it...this post has gotten long enough!

3 comments:

angie said...

you look amazing, erin! honestly, even though i know you feel huge, you're carrying it beautifully. :) so sorry about the stretch marks, though. i don't blame you for being upset.

kristi noser said...

I'm sorry about your toe. I also think you look wonderful.

Kelli said...

I laughed at the title of your post, thinking it had something to do with the shirt you chose for the picture. But then I actually READ the information.

You do look wonderful and your laugh makes me laugh. Stretch marks will never affect that.