Thursday, October 15, 2009

Smurf Cursing


Many of you who know me know I don't always have the cleanest mouth. Well, in the last few months, I've really tried to clean up my act since Shirley Jean is paying attention.
Imagine my surprise the other night when the Twins wouldn't. take. Joe. Nathan. out. of. the. game. and I said, "Oh my gosh!" in exasperation and Shirley instantly repeated it. And hasn't stopped.
At any moment, I may hear, "OH, GAH!" screaming from her mouth.
Now, I don't hold a lot of language sacred, but taking the Lord's name in vain is NOT something we do at our house (the argument could be made that "gosh" is indeed taking the Lord's name, but to you I say, "Pish posh."), though that's EXACTLY what it sounds like my little white trash bambino is saying.
So...if you hear her saying it, please don't judge (too much).

4 comments:

angie said...

"my little white trash bambino"
let me ponder that for another moment.
BAHAHAHAHA
thank you for writing that. the phrase has made my day!
gosh.

kathaleend said...

She doesn't say grandma, but she curses like Mussolini!

erin said...

Haha! I've gotta get "The Mussolini" on video.

kristi noser said...

I guess it's time to put the Homer Simpson "DOH!" into your vocabulary!
Now hearing little Shirley say that would be hilarious.