Thursday, October 8, 2009

16 Weeks = 4 months!

In the last couple of weeks or so, socks have become necessary at our house (and I'm guessing yours) again. Can I just say, socks for a toddler are a p.a.i.n.??
Since I haven't put a pair of socks on Shirley Jean since May, there were many, many pairs in her drawer that were far too small. Many of them were from when she was first born. So, yesterday while packing to come to Wausau I decided to pull out all the socks she can't wear anymore. For some reason seeing the evidence that her feet were at one time THAT tiny was very sad. At least I know I'll get to pull them out again in 5 short months.
That's right! I turned 16 weeks yesterday. Can you believe how fast this pregnancy has gone so far? I have found that If I take my prenatal vitamin during the day instead of at night like I used to while pregnant with Shirley, I have a lot more energy during the day and it doesn't make me sick like it did with SJ. This pregnancy is so different, I feel sometimes like I'm doing it for the first time!
Here's what BabyCenter.com has to say about BittyWee this week:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
I'm hoping that as BittyWee's heart continues to pump more and more blood on its own that my own heart will SETTLE. DOWN. I get out of breath so easily and my heart beats like crazy trying to deal with all the extra blood I'm carrying around. I mean, I'm doing everything for this kiddo...perhaps s/he can do a little work for mommy?

Click on the image to visit the website.

Long post. Sorry guys. I dislike long posts.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I COMPLETELY know what you mean about the socks!! I had to go to WalMart because I couldn't find any big enough for Gracie! She has since hidden them ALL-mostly in the couch. Thank God she's not creative in her hiding spot-yet.

angie said...

AHHH your baby looks just like a baby!!!! 16 WEEKS!! so awesome, erin. :) you keep pumping that baby's blood. :)
p.s. my word veri is "swoons." yes. definitely.

Jolene said...

It was a good long post.
and boy do I get the -socks- thing! I cried (read: nearly sobbed) when I put E & A's away! Glad to know I'm not alone in my sentimental mommyness :)

Unknown said...

The socks...along with everything else! My kids are growing so fast I hope some grandma's send some new clothes for them soon.

Congrats on making it to 16 weeks! Yay!