Thursday, September 4, 2008

Her first Games


I should have written this post months ago, but I didn't think any of you would believe me.
Soon after SJ started laughing in July, I realized that she was playing a game with me. When we sit down to nurse, she eats her fill, and then "pretends" to latch on, and then lets go and looks at me with a huge grin on her face. Then I say, "OH! You tricked me!" And she laughs and laughs. And she does it over and over until one of us gets bored. It's the sweetest thing. And clever, no? She's seriously been doing this since she was about three months old.
She also made up another game about three weeks ago. She thinks it is so funny when her fingers find their way into OUR mouths. She laughs as I "cookie monster" her fingers, and she pulls them out, and then sneakily reaches back for my mouth.
I love a baby with a sense of humor.
The above photo is from a couple of weeks ago, wearing an outfit that my mom saved from when I was a baby. She looks so pretty in blue!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!!

Jolene said...

so cute and funny. what a sweet little doll!

and isn't it fun to dress them up in your old duds!!!

Michelle M said...

Could you seriously have a cuter baby?!

Unknown said...

with matching socks too :)

erin said...

OF COURSE matching socks! Always matching socks!

angie said...

well of course your babe would have a great sense of humor! look at her mama! :) how adorable. everything.

Kara Jo said...

Yeah, I was also gonna say she takes after her Mama in the sense of humor department.

Katie R. said...

How fun! I love those first interactions with their personalities. Well, the humor part of their personality anyhow. Beautiful outfit too. I bet that makes your mom so happy to see.

Unknown said...

I don't know how old Adelle was, maybe 4 or 5 months old but we would play games like that when she nursed. I would pretend to ignore her and then suddenly look at her and say, "boo!" and she would laugh and laugh. It's one of my favorite memories from when she was a baby.