Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shirley's (actual) Third Birthday

For Shirley's actual birthday on the 18th, we all packed up and went to the Mall of America, where we ate Chinese food and went on some rides. (Did you know that if you sign up at nickelodeonuniverse.com, your child can have an unlimited rides armband on their birthday?) Please enjoy these pictures from our celebration of her birth!

Showing off her special outfit.

"Daddy, I got a map." Riding the carousel!


The Richards. Hanging out. Richard has been anxiously waiting until Shirley was tall enough to take her on the log flume. He thought it would be so fun! I waited with trepidation, until... ...I saw this. Shirley LOVED the log flume. She DANCED her way to tell me all about it. It was so adorable that (as Shirley and Daddy headed toward the line to go again) a stranger approached me to tell me that my daughter was "to die for cute." I can't help but agree. Once we made it home, we had to have some cupcakes! Finally, sleeping beauty passed out nose to nose with Bambi...and her favorite gift.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Love it! What a great celebration! And good info :)

angie said...

to-die-for-cute is right! happy birthday, sweet shirley!