Friday, July 2, 2010

The Playground Duo

Venturing out to the park is no small feat for us. I am getting more brave, though, and less afraid that something terrible will happen, so I try to take Shirley Jean and Richard to the park near our house a couple times a week.
Shirley cheers for the other kids who come down the slide. It brings tears to my eyes when I see her little encouraging self developing. I often wonder if I'm getting a glimpse of her spiritual gifts at this young age. Ok, it does more than bring tears to my eyes. It makes me want to WEEP.


I think it's really cool that I have pictures of SJ in this same swing from the last three summers.
I like this picture because you can see Baby Richard in the background. :)
Baby Richard loves the park, too. There are so many new noises and smells and things to see. The trees, the other children, the breezes, the kids playing and screaming down at the beach. Both children sleep for hours after a trip to the park!
6/16/10

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love the repeat picture!!

On KDWB.com the morning show they took photos from their childhood and reenacted them as adults. You should do that with SJ!!