Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh, to be 24 again.

I'm starting to get used to the fact that I'm pregnant again. (It took a while.) At this point, I'm feeling good, my appetite is good, and I'm sleeping fairly well at night. My only complaint is that getting off the couch is getting increasingly tough, and I find my growing stomach in the way more than it used to be. I definitely can't "slip through" tight spaces like I used to...
Oh, and I can't go up a flight of stairs without gasping for breath--very attractive.
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

4 comments:

erin said...

Is it just me, or is the Christmas tree DWARFED in this picture? I'm a lot taller in real life than on my blog.

Jamie said...

Erin - I'd just like to give you a hearty AMEN! (That is mostly in regards to getting off the couch - oofduh!)

Unknown said...

I miss being pregnant sometimes... Huffing and puffing and all. You look great!

Jolene said...

Beautiful, Erin! You look great and I just love seeing these belly shots. Keep growing, little one :)