Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ultrasound Day!!!

Ultrasound Day was last week, but (like my birthday) I like to make special events last as long as possible. The technician for our appointment was incredibly thorough and we got to see everything on BittyWee from the umbilical cord to the brain, lungs, heart, stomach and kidneys. It was really exciting to see what God is knitting together for our family.
BittyWee's heart rate was in the 140's (if you're keeping track), and the tech determined that s/he is 13 ounces.
Now, on to the good stuff:
On the right side of the photo here, you can see BittyWee's face and skull.
Between his/her chin and abdomen (at the top) is the right fist.
BittyWee's Right foot. Five toes. Whew.
Profile pictures of growing babies are my favorite. They look the most "baby-like" to me.
I think this one is neat, too, because if you look closely, you can see TEETH BUDS growing in BittyWee's sweet jaw. Crazy!

BittyWee's left fist was all over the place while we were taking pictures.

The tech kept saying things like, "If we discover [this] it could mean that your baby has [this birth defect]. Let's find out!"and "Oh, I don't do 3D ultrasounds. I think they're a waste of time." I'm sorry, WHAT?!? She needed to work on her delivery a little bit. Also, I don't care what the tech thinks. If I ask for a 3D ultrasound, which I KNOW is something Stillwater offers--nay--boasts, I think you ought to be willing to push the button to show me my baby in 3D. I'm just saying.

Anyway, aside from that, it was a very good experience.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

amazing photos. Glad everything is going to so well.

angie said...

as expected, your baby is beautiful and perfect! toothbuds??? that is insane. how very, very cool.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Carla said...

Precious gift from God. Thank you for sharing!!

Jolene said...

oooooooooooh!!! erin! give your belly a love-rub for me, please. thanks so much for sharing these shots - lovely!

Cara said...

Beautiful baby!!!