Friday, April 24, 2009

Thoughts on Pacifiers:

1. Why can't they be bought in bulk? If I could buy them 30 at a time, I'm sure they'd be a lot cheaper.
2. Why won't Shirley take the "cheap" ones?
3. The next baby will be started on the "cheap" ones.
4. For those of us who are visually impaired (especially in the middle of the night), why can't they make BLACK pacifiers, or dark purple, or brown? Something easy to see against the pastel baby sheets and light colored carpet.
5. Why does she need two to go to sleep? She only has one mouth.
6. When she's really upset, why does she throw the pacifier out of the crib (see #4).
7. Glow-in-the-dark pacifiers are a joke (glowing green isn't any easier to see than a pearl white pacifier in the middle of the night!).

8. Ahh, to be able to shove a plug in your mouth, roll over on your knees and pass out. (Notice the dirty pajamas she insisted on sleeping with. Whatever, man.)

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I love it when babies sleep like that. I often find Gracie like that too. Maybe I could still sleep on my belly if I just learned to put my knees under me like that. . .

Jolene said...

Love how babies stick their little bums up in the air!

And this was exactly why I loved having sumbthuckers - in other words, when little SJ is five, you'll be so glad she was a binkie girl - it'll be much easier to break that habit!

Kara Jo said...

I caught #3...when is the next baby I want to know? :)

I was also going to make a joke about inventing glow-in-the dark pacifiers, until I read further down your post.

Unknown said...

Try putting 4 nuks in by her head and hands at night. Then she might find them and you won't have to get up to put one back in. Or have a paci bowl on the dresser and make sure it's fully stocked before bed time. That way there is no searching in the middle of the night.

Unknown said...

next baby?

I used to sleep like that when I was little too. I actually remember it so maybe I wasn't all that little.

Unknown said...

Amen, sista!