Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy (?) Halloween!

While planning Shirley and Richard's costumes this year, I asked Shirley if she wanted to be a ballerina because she loves her dance classes so much. She looked at me as if I had grown another head and said, "No, Mom. I AM a ballerina." Silly me. No costume needed.
Let's just say I'm glad we are done with Halloween for another year. The children looked great in their costumes, and we had a very nice time trick-or-treating with our neighbor friends for approximately 59 minutes. In the 60th minute of our adventure at the opposite end of the street, Shirley had a complete meltdown and had to be carried home by Daddy.
Richard's night started out a little rough...I think he was scared of his costume, but once he figured out that all he had to do was wave and people would hand him candy, he buzzed all over the neighborhood. At the first house, the man opened the door to greet us and Richard just walked right in! The man said, "Wait! I'm giving things away--I'm not taking anything!" After that, it was smooth sailing.
I'm sure next year will be just as "fun," if not more.
Butterfly Girl

Sad Bumble

Candied Bumble
p.s. Due to the post-ToT meltdown, I couldn't get any better pictures of Shirleygirl. Disappointed.

6 comments:

kristi noser said...

Butterfly and bee. So cuter.

Unknown said...

I was going to ask what Richard's costume was - but after reading your post again I figured out it was baby Richard that was scared of his costume. Mix that up all the time :)

erin said...

Ha! Oops.

Carla said...

Adorable!!

Doesn't take the young uns long to figure it out does it?? Couple of houses and they have it down.

The Smackeys said...

SO cute!

Kate G said...

Sounds...fun? Making memories is always an adventure. Glad you guys got out there! A year should be enough time to recover before trying again. Right?