Tuesday, May 25, 2010

That dog won't hunt.

Around six weeks of age (over Mother's Day), ALL of Richard's hair fell out. Well...almost all of it. I now have a Dr. Phil baby.

I'm disappointed, because I don't feel like these photos do the hairloss justice...his hair LITERALLY fell out over 48 hours. It fell out in clumps between my fingers and I found it in his bassinet, swing and bouncy chair. Talk about disconcerting.
I do wonder, though, if this is a preview of what he will look like in 50+ years...
I plan to give these photos to his wife so that she can compare. :)
I have to say, the funniest thing related to this male pattern baldness preview is that I sent a text message to my girlfriends that said, "All of Richard's hair is falling out! Over night!"
Two out of three of my friends wrote back and said, "Which Richard?"
Still makes me laugh out loud.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, That very thing happened when Big Rich was a baby. One day I was petting his full dark head of black hair...and off it came on the palm of my hand! Imagine my surprise when he ended up with a full head of beautiful hair by the time he was one.

Kara Jo said...

LOL over here too!

Jamie said...

Hehe! That is hilarious! Those photos are definitely meant to be shared with his future wife!

kristi noser said...

I hope the hair grows in before you have to change his last name to Szyman.

Kara Jo said...

Kristi, BAHAAHAAHAAAAAAA!

angie said...

hehehe oh, baby richard. that is so cute. and i bet you're right--a preview to middle age. but he's still so cute and edible!