Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well Baby


I learned today that I have a very well baby who is just a peanut!
Shirley Jean weighs just 11lbs, 2oz and measures 21 3/4".
She was 21" long when she was born, and then at her two week check up, she measured 19". Figure THAT out. I'm convinced she is much longer than that, so I'm going to try to measure her tonight. Wish me luck. I'll post the results if I get around to it.
The worst part of our visit, of course, was the vaccinations. Shirley Jean did better than I did. She cried hard for a minute or two, but the whole time she was getting her shots, she looked at me like, "Why are you doing this to me?!?" It broke this new Mamma's heart.
Thankfully, they didn't rush us out of the room, so I was able to sit down and nurse her for a few minutes to soothe her and calm her down. Made us both feel better.
Now she is snoozing comfortably in her bouncy chair by Daddy. She did tell me on the way home that she thinks her crayon band-aids are pretty cool and help a lot with the humiliation she suffered today.
We're both glad that's over.
p.s. I think I'm in love with this photo.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy little Shirley Jean is doing so well. She is such a cutie!! I love you both so much!

Sarah

Katie R. said...

oooooohhh! I could just eat her up! WHAT a honey of a girl.

Jodi said...

That is a very cute photo. I know what you mean about the shots. Glad she's doing great!

Unknown said...

this could be up there with one of my favorites photos also

angie said...

oh, little shirley baby! i love that you're such a peanut.

Carla said...

Dearest Shirley,
Unclench.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Vaccinations suck. And they really don't help Mommy guilt. :o)

She is one adorable little peanut!

Kara Jo said...

Oh those darn shots--enough to do a Mama in! Lovin' those pics of Shirley Girley. :)

Jolene said...

ha ha!! that picture rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I'm in love with that photo too. Sorry about the shots - it's SO hard!